Thursday, December 21, 2006

Bikram Yoga

So I've decided that I'm going to start going to the Bikram yoga place near my house. I'm getting flabby & ucky again - I worked too hard to get where I am. So...I was chatting with my friend Mathea about how BORED I get with they gym (endless cycles on the elliptical trainer? Good for weight loss but bad for the brain - so mindless) and she was chatting with me about her Bikram class. I've always enjoyed yoga, but never tried that. There is a Bikram place about 1 mile from my place ( www.bloomingtonyoga.com ) that has deals for students & it goes on a monthly basis. You buy what you need & then are done with it. I want to take off the 20 pounds that law school has gifted me & then perhaps I'll lose some more hiking around Europe for 8 months (all that walking carrying a 60 pound pack can't be all bad!) But how am I going to enjoy Europe if I feel all icky like I do right now?

I'm not.

So...suck up & deal. Get back to it. Do something I enjoy. And I'm going back to being a vegetarian. Screw everyone. I live in the midwest where if you are a vegetarian, you're WEIRD. Well, I'm weird anyway. I do crazy things like read (gasp!!!)

That is my manifesto for the day. Hope you enjoyed.

2 comments:

Tiger said...

You may enjoy http://www.bikramfinder.com - it's local hot yoga studios & reviews. Now there's no excuse for not practicing wherever you are heading for a deposition

Rebecca said...

Sweet! Thank you! I'm going to use this...if I don't get DIRECTIONS, I hardly notice things are THERE. So I really appreciate the heads up!