Friday, November 16, 2007

Oh Shenandoah

So, sometimes I miss stuff from home. Just because it is what is familiar. I’ve decided that it’s not because it’s overtly American or anything else, it’s just what I am familiar with and enjoy.

Things I currently miss about home:
My bed
Target!
Driving a car…sniff! Miss the vroom, vroom!
Big cups of coffee.
Pancakes at Perkins.
Leah, Sara and Mathea.
The ready availability of quality vegetables at supermarkets.
Restaurants with vegetarian options on the menu that aren’t pasta, pasta, pasta.
TiVo
The dollar actually being worth a dollar. (Yes, this is certainly American, but merely has to do with money being money. Sigh…stupid subprime mortgage crap! Rargh!)


I love being abroad. I love getting to meet all these amazing people, see amazing places. I mean – come on!!! This weekend I’m taking the train to Brno in the Czech Republic to see my friends and do some shopping there. Not exactly like jetting over to Albertville – I am going to visit yet another country! My life is not this exciting back in the States. But there are a few things that make it comforting. I still say give me 2 weeks and I’ll be ready to be back in Europe again, though.

No comments: